View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #9
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I am so very sorry that your mom has been given this diagnosis. My husband's grandmother had Alzheimer's as well and she lived with his parents for several years when we were first married. She was the sweetest woman and my MIL would bring her over to visit when my son was a baby. I have very fond memories of her times when she would visit. Eventually she moved with her other daughter in FL who was better capable of managing her healthcare. We did go to visit her several times when she was living in FL and both my boys were able to visit her while she was in an assisted living Alzheimer facility. She lived for many years and she passed away when my youngest was a baby. It was sad to see her slipping away but at the same time she was very happy.

So I guess what I am trying to say it that it was many years after her diagnosis that she finally slipped away. My children grew from babies, to toddlers, to school age and were able have wonderful memories about their great grandmother.

I have funny story to share about GG Mertel We went to visit her and the entire staff of the assisted living was in an uproar. Mert's TEETH were missing AGAIN! Turns out that she had already flushed 2 sets down the toilet and now set 3 was gone They never did find those teeth

Take a deep breath and lean on all of those around you for support and like Gemy said never be afraid to ask for help. Take the time to spend together and enjoy good quality time.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!