View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #78
mommadog1
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieMother View Post
This is best freinds Best Friends Animal Society Home Page

They will take all dogs any time any day and before you go they are to far they will figure out a way to transport her.

And terry Ryan is a trainer and how do you intend on fixing this girl if you do not seek help from those that can train and know aggression. Unless your vet is part of small group of vets with behaviour all he is going to do is drug her into a daze and that is not a life and nothing will be fixed it will just be covered over.
If that is what is going to happen than it maybe in her best intrest to put her down.

I have said I will take her if you fill out the forms I sent you and I can see medical records that you currently have on her and will put her on a plane. I will meet it and her either in Kalispbel or Calgary. Air Alaska ships to both. West jet too. It is 100 dollars US to ship her so there you go that is the offer. But I need solid in writing signed off info so I know what I am getting and a vet report from a vet I can call and talk with.

But I need things in writing and some facts first so I know I can fix her.

JL
Ok I remember Terry Ryan, she is several hours from me. There are behaviorists closer to me. But as I have said before I cannot afford the fees for a behaviorist at this time, and my husband also had a fit about the cost and said no way.

I called my regular vet, he is out today but will call me in the morning. But Elaine (at the clinic) says there is a vet not to far that is also a behaviorist. So I will talk to him tomorrow (my reg. vet) and see what he suggests. He has never seen Mindy. She was seen by another vet at the clinic I took her to for the spay. They were the ones who recommended having her PTS.

My whole reason for seeking out a rescue was because I CANNOT fix her. It is putting my other dogs in danger and upheaval having her here, as well as people coming into my house. My other dogs are very stressed out by her and it isn't fair to them.

If I had known she was like this I would never have agreed to taking her in. We thought it was going to be very temporary until we found a home for her and here it is 6 months later and she is worse.

Also, it costs a lot more then 100.00 to ship a dog. It's almost 200.00 plus crate, and health certificate. It ends up being close to 300.00 or more.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!