View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
yorkielady06
YT 500 Club Member

I start my babies on baby cereal (rice) 2-3tbs mixed with goats milk (canned) 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup water starting at around 5 weeks or so. At about 6 weeks I add in baby food chicken 1/2 jar. I feed them 3 times a day from the start and let them nurse also. At 7 weeks I omit the rice cereal and make a puppy food mush (ground up Nutro puppy dry food in food processor) mixed with the goats milk to make a mush. I let the puppies have their fill of what I serve then let momma finish it each time. At 8 weeks I add the goats milk and water to the dry food kibble to soak it till it will not hold anymore. Keep in mind all along momma is still nursing her babies and gets all the leftovers each time which mine love I let the puppies nurse until momma says enough. I let her decide when to wean within reason. Some babies need an extra week or so and others prefer the food over the nipple.
That is how I do it, I am sure other breeders do differently. Some use canned food, I do not as the pups tend to want to stay on the canned and it is hard to switch them to dry. Good luck!!
yorkielady06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!