Thread: Fixing
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 03:46 AM   #5
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael1983 View Post
Did anyone else wait til their yorkie was older or weighed more to get them spayed /neutered? Troy will be 1 in July and I've decided to wait a while to see if he picks up more weight. It didn't sit well with me him being 6 months at 2.5 pounds and up for a neutering. He has gained a but he now is 3.1 pounds.
I waited until Apple was a year old to spay, and weighed 5 lbs...However, I'm old school, and think a female should have one heat, at least, before spaying...I know a gazillion people don't agree w/me, but with my research, this was my decision, and I'm very happy w/it...In fact, I would have waited 'till after her 2nd heat, but she had a couple of canine teeth that needed to come out, and we couldn't wait any longer to do this...Needless to say, I didn't want to have her put under under @ 12 months, and again @ 18 months...Buzz is 10 months and one week old, and is not neutered...He's definitely got his "equipment", but he doesn't mark, and he's 100% housebroken, so I'm in no hurry to get him neutered either...He also has one retained canine tooth, so I'll re-evaluate @ 12 months...I'm, totally, not on board w/early spay/neuter, from all the information I've gathered...But like I've, repeatedly, said, everyone should learn as much as they can, and make their own decision on what to do...What's right for me and my babies, may not be right for you, so do what your gut feeling tells you to do, and I'm sure you won't go wrong...I think a "mom" knows what's best, if she really is looking out for the best decision concerning her baby...All the best to you, as you make your decision...
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!