View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #65
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omichka View Post
Our news are bad ....

suspected necrotizing leukoencephaloelitis (NLE) possible Necrotizing meningoencephalomyelitis (NME)

They did find extra fluids.

Neurologist said that this is worst case of GME (aka general GME) , and .... we do not know how long she will live - a few months or maximum a couple years.

I have not read about it yet, but doctor said that I should be still optimistic.

she was given new medication, including prednisolon, but they increased doses A LOT. Polina is 6.7 pounds only.

the list of medication:

1. prednisolon 3mg/ml, dose increse to 1ml for 5 days twice daily, then reduce to 0.5 91.5mgtwice daily for 3 weeks, then .5 once a day, then .5 ml every other day.

What I do worry that she is much better after prednisolon, EVEN more active then used to be. IMO, dose already probably high for her, why MORE????

2. Clindamycin. 25 mg/ml. Twice 3ml. Antibiotic. 3 weeks only

3. Doxycycline. 10mg/ml. Twice 3ml. Antibiotic. 3 weeks only

4. Zonisamide. 25mg. Twice one pill.
ok i think you need to ask neurologist if he has heard of Dr Sisson and his protocol and I think you need to join the GME group i referred you to as they know a ton about this and what works. If it is a bad case then your dog needs to be on chemo drug and steroids so please join this group tonight as they will help you understand everything and tell you what the latest protocol is and what they are using to get their dogs in remission. It can take a year but if she goes into remission then she will be ok.

Also no more vaccines so you may need to look into getting a rabies vaccine waiver when it comes due but definitely no DHPP or any other vaccine

Please join this group i am on it and they know alot about this disease. I also have a friend with gme as well and her dog is doing much better. Her dog gained weight from the pred so expect this but the pred is necessary to keep swelling down on the brain. I provided alot of good info below so check it all out.

Be strong and she will be ok just educate yourself so you can get her the best protocol you can to get her better.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!