View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #14
AddieandMiaMom
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorrow26 View Post
Thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate all your advice and caring words. At least someone out there knows how I feel and how scary that was! That was not my first visit to the vet. My husband had to take him for his first check up (he picked that vet in particular but nothing was checked like parasites, blood, etc.....I have a new appointment tomorrow with a different vet whom I know is kind and caring to all sizes of animals. My baby is acting much better today. I was up every 2 hours last night....just checking....being a bit paranoid maybe too. We also slept on the floor together and snuggled He is so much better. I think I did get carried away with the nutrical but I made sure he ate protein right after too. I just did NOT want to go through that terrible episode again. I felt so helpless!

I am going to try the chicken thing because all he wants to eat are treats and a bit of baby food. For some reason he doesn't want to eat his dry food at all. Picky little guy! Should I slowly 'wean' him off the nutrical back to like 3 times a day or does it matter if I wean him as long as he is eating well? One more.....is it okay to get him to eat whatever I can as long as he is getting something? I feel like I have bombarded him with a bunch of different things in the last 24 hours because I was trying to get him to eat anything to get better. For example-baby food, wet food, dry food softened with water, his potty training treats, water with a bit of sugar dissolved in it. He did have a few bouts of soft poo but no diarrhea thank goodness! His tummy was upset due to all of the syrup and sugar he was given during our scare. To be honest, I have no idea how I am going to take care of this baby since I have to work!?! I really wish that the breeder (who is super-nice) would have kept him for a bit longer. I am scared now of not being able to do this but I love him to bits! Thanks again everyone!
I've done the "chicken thing" for Addie in the past too. It should be equal parts boiled, unseasoned chicken shredded up with rice. This gives a balance of carbs and protein (as explained by my vet). Even if Addie won't eat her favorite wet food, she gobbles this up in a heartbeat! Make sure it's cooled down before you let him eat it. I would make a batch, feed Addie, then put the rest in the fridge to warm up (just a bit) at her next feeding.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!