View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 07:11 AM   #1
JCarlson2004
Mommy To 3 Poochies
Donating Member

Love I Found A Potential New Baby

Jim and I went to Quality Canine last night to see some of the new pups that Ivan had. The pup that Jim bought me and I made him return (on the day of my mother's burial) was already sold. But I'm really glad about it because she was sold to a man who was buying her for his wife as a surprise because his wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. So I'm glad this little puppy found a loving home where she can bring joy and love to this poor woman during the long road of hospital visits, chemotherapy and recovery set before her.

Anyway, Ivan showed me a bunch of cute little girl pups but none of them really caught my eye. Then he said to me "Would you be interested in another tiny Yorkie?" And to be honest, I wasn't really looking to get another tiny because of all the sadness and heart ache I had with Katie because she was diagnosed with kidney disease. But I told him I'd take a look at her anyway. So he went to the back and brought out this little cutie pie who is 3 months and 2 weeks old and only 1 lb & 4 ounces even. She is a black and gold color. I wasn't expecting much but man was she ABSOLUTELY adorable. And then she did the ultimate ... she licked me the same way that Katie use to lick me!! It was love at first sight! Even Jim is crazy about her -- he was kissing her and tickling her little tummy.

But we didn't take her. I told Ivan I'd get back to him by Thursday because I don't want to make an impulse buy. So I have all day today to think this over and make the right decision for my, Jim and Codie. Jim really wants to get her -- he thinks she's adorable and perfect for our family.

By the way, Ivan won't release her until she 4 months old because she's still so small and fragile -- which I think is very responsible. So I've got a little bit of time to decide but I'm definitely going to make my decision today. If we're going to take her, Jim will go to Quality Canine tomorrow and put a deposit on her.

Ok guys, now I need your advice! I want to buy her for the right reasons. Would I really be rushing it because my Katie girl is only gone 2 weeks and 2 days? I still feel so guilty even looking at another dog (even though she was so precious and sweet). Please give me your advice and help me make this difficult decision.

Last edited by JCarlson2004; 11-30-2005 at 07:13 AM.
JCarlson2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!