View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
TheJohnstons122
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Newbie needs help!

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this site and have a lot of questions. My husband and I are looking to buy/adopt a male teacup yorkie. We have no idea where to look for a legit seller/breeder. Just this morning we went thru a scam where a woman said she would send us a teacup yorkie for only the transportation fees, and that we send the money to Cameroon, Africa. She claimed to be from Baltimore, MD. Thankfully the Western Union employee warned us about pet scams and fraud from Africa before we sent the money. She may or may not have been a scam, but in the end we were VERY uncomfortable with the situation and decided not to pursue that puppy any longer.

So I guess my first question would be, does anyone know of a legit person who we could adopt/purchase a MALE teacup yorkie puppy from? We aren't looking to spend a lot of money, I saw that some puppies online go for thousands of dollars. We are looking to spend much less than that. And also, we live in Fairbanks, Alaska where my husband is stationed so more than likely we would need to have the puppy shipped to us, unless there is a breeder in the state (I looked for hours online and couldn't find anyone locally to me).

If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. My husband and I absolutely love this type of animal and really wish to have one of our own. Thanks!!
TheJohnstons122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!