Thread: 1st Time...
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 05:44 AM   #12
sandie
Yorkie Yakker

Love I Had A 1st Time..Now We Are Due Again Just After X-Mas

HI -

My LiL'Bit already has had one litter but I was the same way..so worried. She is about 6.5 pds and my male Yorkie Pismo is about 9 pounds...She had 3 males and 1 female. She gave birth but the first one died because I wasn't with her at the exact moment and she did not uncover the face first of the pup so it did not survive..she and I both were upset...BUT...the other two males and little female ended up just great!

She is now due again the week after X-Mas and I am not going to miss one minute of it.

Bitty (as I call her) really never had a bit of trouble..BUT..as the other person said...I get a sonogram done on her about three weeks before the puppies are due. I also do it for the same reason as the other person...I want to know how many she is going to have and what she and I might have to go through...I recommend it.

**Also If No One has told you..you need to ask your vet about when you girl starts nursing she could have the possibility of her potassium dropping and that is very very dangerous! It happened to my Bitty and I almost lost her when the pups were about 6 weeks old. I quess when she was nursing them they just took everything out of her. My vet now provides me with some shots to give to her if this starts to happen. Bitty has no problem getting the shots...BUT..OF COURSE "SHE IS WONDERFUL AND I LOVE HER" !

Hope I didn't write too much...But How We Love Are Angels..Right??

Good Luck
Sandie L.
sandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!