View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #15
alyx
Yorkie Yakker

I don't have a dog stroller (yet) but I have found my baby stroller seriously useful. My son's 4 in July but I walk 8 - 10 miles each morning. He'll walk (in and out of the buggy) about half of that, sometimes a little more. Now I have the pup I have a sports bag style carrier which I hang on the handle and she's really happy going in and out of there as she pleases. It means that I still get my long walk and both my kids get to enjoy being out and about. It also means I can carry everything I need like drinks for both, toys for both, waterproofs, etc, etc.

Usually when I go on holiday I don't take the buggy but I've just been to Yorkshire for a few days and I took mine as I knew I'd need it. I used it on two days and it was a life saver as we had some fantastic days playing on the beach and had our picnic and everything with us and then all the stuff we needed for walking.

On one of the days, though, we went for a steam train ride which was 1 hour and 40 minutes each way. We had to do a lot of walking at the other end and my back was killing me having to carry everything including the puppy when she was tired or when we were getting nowhere fast as too many people wanted to talk to her. I really wished that I had the buggy with me as I suffered a lot!

Tilly does also like sitting on the seat if my boy's walking and she's a bit tired. She looks seriously cute, though, which means I get stopped by even more people, lol.

I'm going to hang onto it after my lad no longer needs it. I could easily convert it so that it can be used for her to keep her safe and comfy and either warm or cool. And it would mean I can still do my marathon walks without having to leave her at home or struggle with carrying her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!