View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #11
Sashabear0430
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ging4444 View Post
Hi, my Ozzie had his liver shunt surgery there in January. I took a cooler with some foods he likes like pasta and green beans and also bought some baby food jars of vegetables, no protein. The day he had his scintigraphy he was really out of it when I picked him up but then he was starving a couple of hours later so I was glad I had a lot of food. The hospital even asked me to bring him in some food the day of surgery that they thought he would like so make sure you have something you know he will eat. A really good one for after surgery is baby apple sauce. The day after his surgery we were able to pick him up but since we lived 9 hours away they asked us to spend one more night in Knoxville and leave the following morning in case there were any problems. I fell in love with Knoxville. We drove up to Pigeon Forge and saw the mountains and went through Cade's Cove while he was in the hospital and also there is a great shopping center called Turtles Creek that has every store you could want. As far as hotels the visitor center has coupon books with great deals. Besides a few disposable bowls make sure you bring some blankets to keep her comfortable for the ride home. They are wonderful at UT and will keep you informed at all times. Be prepared too because I thought the incision looked terrible but now 4 months later you can't even see a mark on him. I was just shocked the first time I saw it. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. The liver shunt forum got me through it and helped me with everything. I know you are worried sick but take comfort in the fact that she is at the best place possible.
Ginger
Does Ozzie have MVD??
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!