View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
BustersMommy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry PLEASE HELP! Yorkie hates my Newborn **long but PLEASE READ**

I am praying someone on this board can help me. I am so completly distraught about this situation that I am literally having anxiety attacks...I know that may sound pathetic but for this community, I am hoping you understand.
I have had my yorkie for 4 years and HE has been the baby and of course treated like a king. He has always been pver protective of me and when he has been around babies, if your standing holding the child, he would jump up and try and grab the babies socks, or just bark at whomever hadthe baby. Well ....I had my first baby on 5/14...and bought him home on Monday. My parents bought Buster(my yorkie) home and at first..he didnt even pay the baby any attention...then the baby started to cry and the dog went crazy!! Thank goodness my husband was herre bc I dont kno what the dog actually would have done but he lunged for him(with me holding him) and sort of growled/barked. From then on, the night went the same way. If I was holding the baby and he wasnt crying...it seemed like the dog was fine...he would just lay at my feet.
After a sleepless night, and my husband and I not really trusting the dog around the baby, we decided to let him go back to my parents house (the dog was raised just as much with them, he goes to them m-f while my husband and I work). My Vet told us to visit the dog and take the babies worn clothing with us and leave it there, and to get my new son on a schedule and try again in a few weeks. Well, we went to visit yesterday and Buster did it again...growling, jumping, barking... he actually jumped and snatched a sock right off my sons foot.
I dont know what to do..I am so upset about this that I have not stopped crying for the past week.
Does anyone have any advice? My parents and husband keep telling me that its only temporary and that maybe we should have Buster come visit couple hours/times a week to get him use to the baby but I just dont know how to get him to stop the nipping/jumping?? I feel like I will never get my fur-baby back home and I am literally sick about it. I know the saftey of my Newborn comes first ...but it doesnt make not having my dog home with me=(
PLEASE HELP
BustersMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!