Thread: Protein C test
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #10
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telea View Post
She has been on the lactulose for a year. Dr. Naaf in Little Rock is an internist and has made the latest suggestions on retesting the bile acids and doing a routine blood work up to see if it shows any other problems, such as kidney or other problems. The seizures are a new thing very recent and may or may not be related to her liver issues. That is what we are trying to find out.

Dr. Naaf also said that she may not be a surgery candidate. Up until 3 years of age she showed no signs what so ever. She was a very healthy spunky little dog until then. That was 18 months ago and the vet then wouldn't test for liver shunt, that is why after him and a holistic vet I went to the one that I am using now to test the bile acids. Everyone of them thought it was nero and not liver related. They were all surprised when she had elevated bile acids.

Thanks
not surprised alot of vets do not know much about mvd and liver shunt. The other dog i posted about had no symptoms nothing and he was 4 and he ended up with bladder stones is how they found out he had a liver issue and had multiple shunts
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!