View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
guidenlyte
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Heartache with Pat from Pat's Precious Puppies

About 3 weeks ago my husband and I drove to Pat's to hand choose our puppy. We had looked at several via her website, but wanted to see how they interacted with us before making a decision on placing a deposit. Her facility is immaculate; however she is unaware which dogs have deposits on them and which do not. While some on the site say there's a deposit she has no ribbon/marking/different holding areas for dogs that are sold/in the process of being sold. Therefore, my husband and I fell in love with 'Marlena', placed a cash deposit in Pat's hands, took pics and posted them to Facebook ; only to get home look on her site for other information and discover 'Marlena' had a deposit on her by someone else. My husband immediately called her and she called the other person who had yet to convince her husband to let her have a dog. She told Pat she was putting the deposit in the mail. We lost our 'Marlena'. I was devastated because this was a serious decision made by my husband and I, and we felt Pat didn't hold up to her bargain on the site to place dogs in the best homes. The other lady was still convincing her husband to let her have a pet, while my husband and I clearly took this as a true adoption of our 'first child'. Pat did apologize and mailed our deposit (which ironically she wanted to send us a check, when she doesn't accept them - my husband told her to abide by her own policies - money order or cash).
guidenlyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!