View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #5
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy-yorkie View Post
On May 2nd, I took Maggie to the vet for her Bordetella (need it for the groomer). While we were there I mentioned to the vet that she was eating grass, a lot of grass. He didn't really say anything about that but he did do blood work and the results came back the following Tuesday. Her BUN was 39 and normal is 6-31. Her Creatinine was 0.6 and normal is 0.5-1.6. Her BUN/Creatinine Ratio was 65 and normal is 4-27. The vet didn't seem too concerned. He gave me Panacur as he thought this would help with her eating grass. So, this last week she has almost quit eating and she does not seem to have much energy. In fact her energy is almost nil. This is not my Maggie! She has always been a good eater and had enough energy for her and Buster. I'm worried sick. She is going to vet tomorrow but she is really lethargic and this is not her.
if the vet was not too concerned about it then I doubt it was kidney failure. The creatinine is the biggest indicator of kidney issue and your dogs creatinine was in normal range. Bun is more related to dehydration so most likely a little high bc she was dehydrated when they did the blood work. I would call the vet or ER and let them know how she is acting.

Mine eat grass to make themselves throw up so mayber her tummy is upset but there is a grass eating thread and some do it to just do it

maybe she does not feel well from the panacur?

Last edited by dwerten; 05-20-2010 at 08:37 PM.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!