View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha View Post
Mylee nipped at me last night when I barely touched her leg, so I scheduled a visit to the vet. Two months ago she was diagnosed with hip displasia. He confirmed the hip displasia, but the real problem is a blown out knee. A tear was probably what I first noticed causing her pain (not the hip), and now she has fully blown it out. She is scheduled for surgery Friday morning. I have no creative idea how to make her stay down and relax post op. Saturday I put her in an ex pen while we had company and she climbed out. It just gets worse and worse with this baby. I feel so bad for her.
When Hot Rod had his lp surgery, I would put his harness on him and hook a neck lanyard to him and wrap it around my wrist so he couldn't jump up or down. I placed him beside me on a tabletop. Then when we all went for a walk I would carry him on top of rolled up blankets to make sure he was on an even/level surface. When I had to leave, he went into his crate. I put his crate by the slider in the kitchen and put a blanket on half of it so he could have some shade if the sun got to warm for him. I had a cup that clipped inside his crate for water.

Best of luck with your little one's surgery. Hugs.

Last edited by Mom to Hot Rod; 05-20-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!