View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
NewYorker10
Yorkie Yakker

Sad Shound I be worried? Jumped/fell on tile floor

New (and nervous) Yorkie mom here! We brought home our boy 5 1/2 month old Nikko Monday. He's slowly adjusting to being here with my husband and myself . . . We adore him and he's a total mush!

That said, I just had a family member over for a visit who "knows all about dogs" and was holding Nikko on her lap while she sat on a chair in the kitchen. I guess Nikko decided he wanted to get down and jumped off her lap, half landing/falling with his front paws (and maybe chest?) onto the porcelain tile floor . He maybe made a tiny yelp (if he even made any noise, I somehow can't remember, but he didn't seem overly phased by it) and got up and walked away like nothing happened. He seems fine since, he's not limping, not crying, I've picked him up a few times since then and he doesn't show any obvious signs that he's in pain from the fall, right now he's happily sleeping on my lap.

I think I'm a lot more upset about the whole thing than he is. I've just heard stories of Yorkies breaking legs, bones, etc after jumping off things or by falling. I know how "fragile" they are so I'm concerned. I feel pretty silly rushing him to the vet when he shows no signs of injury, but as a new yorkie mommy I can't help but worry about him. Any insight would be very appreciated!
NewYorker10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!