View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
Barbara92021
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Welcome to YT, xoulu and Cookie!! You sound like I did when we got our first sweetie - Ginger. I was so paranoid about doing the wrong things in every area of her life! I sure understand your worries BUT it was here in YT that I learned to calm down! There is such a gigantic amount of great info here when you use the search feature. And a super, super plethora of help when you post a thread like you did - no matter how long or short it is!

To help you with your worry about squishing or hurting Cookie if he sleeps with you - we now have 2 little Yorkies (under 5 lbs each) and they both sleep with us! Sometimes they are both under the covers but most times Ginger sleeps above one of our heads and ShyAnne sleeps wherever she chooses, on top of the covers. I used to worry that DH would turn over and she would get bounced off the bed! Our bed is one of those really high ones and so I worried that she would break something if she fell off. Ginger is 5.5 yo and ShyAnne just turned 3 yo and neither one has ever fallen off or been squished. If anything, it is me or DH that gets wormed over and close to falling off the bed!!

Relax, enjoy your furbaby, and trust the posts that have been written already. You will see in about 6 mos time just how absolutely wonderful this breed of dog is and how hardy they can be! Good luck learning like the rest of us did! Hugs and LYKs (little Yorkie kisses)!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!