Thread: fruit
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #12
jenn1381
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary4 View Post

Peanut butter? How do you give your dog peanut butter? On your finger or from a spoon or on a little bit of bread?

I'm probably making a mistake here with Charlie. He just went off his food; although he's never been a huge eater since we got him. Now I give him a few cheerios in with his food or a bit of chicken or tiny bit of hot dog. It's more to entice him to eat. Of course, he's brilliant at picking out what he wants and leaving the rest!!
I give my dogs peanut butter in their kong... they love it.

As for enticing them to eat, they get half a spoonful of plain yogurt (make sure it's not the kind sweetened with artificial sweetners) mixed into their food. They gobble it up, and the calcium and probiotics are really good for them. I also sometimes do a spoonful of cottage cheese in their food - they go nuts for that. They also get chicken flavored omega 3 oil mixed in with dinner, and they love that. I had a heck of a time getting Oliver to eat, but now our issue is getting him to chew and actually taste it, lol.

Both mine love fruits and veggies. Oliver's favorite are Roman Hearts and cauliflower. He hates carrots, but has been eating them now as Mya loves them and he doesn't want her to have them, lol. He loves apple and is starting to like banana and watermelon.

Last edited by jenn1381; 05-18-2010 at 11:53 AM.
jenn1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!