View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
xoulu
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Exclamation Lots of questions/problems?... Please help

Hello all,

Before you start reading my long issues, I would like to thank you for taking time to look at this and THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for answering me or giving me suggestions or help.

Well I just got a Yorkie about three weeks now. I got my loveing Yorkie on 5/3/2010. His name is Cookie and he is really loving and loves running around the house. He was born on 1/25/2010 and he weighs about 2.1 lbs.

Well questions and problems are

1. Cookie does not like to eat hard food? When I say he does not like to eat, he does not eat the hard food. I was told since its his new location he has to get use to the new place. The breeder fed him eukanuba puppy food. I would leave food out but he will not eat. I am switching him over to orijen red and I mix both but he still does not eat. So I took him to the vet and they advised me that it is strange for him not to even eat the eukanuba food. So the vet took out some baby beef and fed him and whens he stopped he barked for more. So she fed him more and I asked the vet what was it so she told me it was just baby food. So she suggested me to switch over to wet food for now until he is eatting again. But the thing is that wet food does not provide everything he needs and it is nto healthy for his teeth. So I am stuck on what to do.

Any suggestions or should I do what the vet says? What the vet said was that I can get some baby food and mix it with the hard food if I did not want to switch over to wet food, so that is what I have been doing. Cookie loves eatting the baby beef food with the hard food but I do not know if this will also affect his teeth or anything, or if he will only eat this way. Any suggestion or help at all about the eatting?

2. Second thing is that sometimes he would drag his butt across the room. I find it funny at first but as he started to do it more and more my girlfriend said it could be he has worms... Is that possible or does he does this because his butt is itchy? We havn't had time to take him to the vet to check this problem out but if you all can help out that would be great.

3. Potty training. Well Cookie loves to pee anywhere and when he pees at the wrong place I would tell him NO Bad Bou. And he would just sit there, but when he pees on the wee wee pad I would tell him Good boy and give him a treat. But even after that he still pees randomly everywhere. Cookie does poop outside and on the wee wee pad. So the poop part is not a big deal. Also is it normal for Yorkies to pee and poop in the car if they are left alone? I can never leave Cookie alone in the car, because I ran to go grab something in from work one day he was with and when I came out he peed and pooped in the car... I was upset and told him NO and Bad Boy. This also happen when my girlfriend took him to grab some food and when she came back he peed and pooped in her car. So now we are afriad of leaving him in the car. Any suggestions on this?

4. Cookie shakes a lot. When I say shake its like when he is scared of something. He shakes when hes in the car, outside, being held. I find it strange for him to keep shaking. I would pet him and say dont worry boy Im here and that helps a little but his shaking is what scars me. I was thinking he is scared of the car ride, or its cold outside, or hes afriad of heights. But when my girlfriend told me that after she feeds him he doesn't shake that much. Could this be related to food issue? Or could this be he is just getting use to his new home?

5. Cookie will not sleep in his bed I got him. He takes naps in his bed during the day but when it is night time he will not sleep in it. He will bark and cry for us to pick him up and put him on the bed and sleep with us. My girlfriend thought it was cute since he wanted to sleep with us but now it is getting annoying and scary. I am scared that I might kick him or hit him or squeeze him or even sleep on top of him. We tried to ignore him but he just keeps barking and crying and we feel bad for him so we just pick him back up and let him sleep with us again. Any suggestion or help on this?

Other then that he is doing great. He loves to play and loves kids. We take him out on walks daily and play with him alot.

Thank you so much again.

Last edited by xoulu; 05-18-2010 at 10:09 AM.
xoulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!