Thread: Olive's Belly
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
nhubbard33
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 049 Olive's Belly

Our little Olive will be a year old next week. She started with a swollen belly last week and then with diarrhea and vomiting last night throughout the night. We took her to the vet today who did X-rays of her stomach and said only that her stomach lining is getting thicker in some places. They took blood to "rule out pancreatitis" and gave her a couple of shots for pain/anti-inflammatory effect. She's supposed to start an anti-biotic in her bland, special breakfast food they sold us. The vet said he was "concerned" but was very non-specific. What in the world is going on? This puppy has been great. The only problem we ever had with her was when she was getting overprotective of me (dad of the house) and snapping at anyone who approached us while she was sleeping. Otherwise, she's been happy, healthy, hungry and good-sized.
Today, her belly was distended and full of air and her intestines were also full of air. There's nothing left in her to throw up or have diarrhea. She's been sluggish and needy of attention since the trip to the vet, but I'm freaking out about whatcould be wrong. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
thanks in advance for reading and any advice anyone's got.
Neal
nhubbard33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!