View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #23
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

I just wanted to add, that if you want to be sure you are buying from a reputable breeder, make sure you go to their home and visit the pups a few times before you decide. A good breeder will ask just as many questions about you, as you would of them. Beware of buying from online, sight unseen, or having a young pup shipped to you. Make sure you see the parents, at the very least, the mom, so you get an idea of how your pup will look when full grown. No one can guarantee adult size. The only way you can be sure of getting the size you want is to adopt an adult.

Also please keep in mind, that if you only have X amount of money for a dog, or I can't afford *this* amount of money, think about how you will afford emergency vet care if needed. Also the really tiny ones can be more prone to broken bones, liver shunts, hypoglycemia if they won't eat. Not trying to scare you off about the small ones, but just trying to let you know. Some prefer the smaller one, some the larger ones. My Uni is 5 lbs and I think she is soooo small. You don't have to be rich to get a yorkie, but they are costly to own and keep up with the grooming and spoiling. Yorkies are high maintenance dogs, in personality and upkeep, but they are so worth it!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!