View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #11
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Thanks so much!!!!

I think there is a lot of family controversy over this remodel. The house belonged to his parents and it has 2 floors, one is an in-law apartment. Well his parents bought the house but lived in the basement apartment for 4 years while his sister & her husband and their 2 kids lived upstairs. While they were there (starting 10 years ago) they bought fridges and stoves for both floors and split the cost and they bought a ride on mower and some other things.
I know his sister is very upset and taking the remodel personally. They did work to that house and we are destroying it. No offense to the work they did, but what they did did not add value to the house, they did surface work to the house, tile floor in the bathroom, painting and stenciling and linoleum flooring, things like that. Yes it was work, yes it cost them money... but we are doing complete remodel to add value to the house. It has nothing to do with them. It seems that everything we are doing to the house is going to be looked down on or ignored or taken ungracefully.
His sister and her husband moved out about 5 years ago and his parents moved up to the first floor where his mom did more work. Painting wood cabinets with paint (not my taste to be honest, i'd rather not cover wood with paint) and other things... so I think they all feel offended a little bit. I wish he never bought this house, I wonder if he feels that way now too.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!