View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #7
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Thanks so much for the encouragement!

I told my BFs mom, when she asked, how great the floors will look when we are done and her response was "You're not modest at all, hahahaha" like she was funny... but I was taken aback? If I told my mom that she would be sooo thrilled and proud of me for learning how to tile and doing it on our own. Not to mention, it took BF about 11 hours to cut the tiles so it's pretty intricate and that was her response? Weird right?

He** no I'm not modest... this was a TON of work for 2 newbie tilers... give us some credit here! Just the way she said it rubbed me the wrong way. By the way I did not say that I alone did the work, I actually said that we laid them out and my BF (her son) did all the cutting and how great he did and how great it looks. Wouldn't you think she'd be proud of her son? GGRRR maybe I read it wrong.... but it sure struck me as odd, her response. Oh yeah and she pretty much blatantly said that I alone picked out the tile pattern and purposely made it SUPER difficult and that I get what I want. It was so weird bc we did it together, him & I, and we laid out the tiles at least 50 different ways before we BOTH agreed on the pattern... yes it was harder and more intricate but we BOTH choose it, not just me.

Cathys, I am sooo not looking forward to gutting and remodeling the kitchen .... it needs it too though, that is like 2 years from now I think. We were thinking next year, but I am not sure if I"ll get through the trauma of this project by then! LOL Good for you though, your house sounds gorgeous!!!!

Let me post some pics of the before baths..... they were very outdated!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!