View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Embarassed What have we gotten into??

Soooo we are now 4 weeks into a double bathroom remodel. We gutted 2 baths, actually 1 full bath and one 3/4 bath. We moved the wall that separated them and made 2 full baths. Every time we go to do something we are set back! The plumber screwed up just about everything. too long of pipes, to low of pipes, too short of pipes, wrong place for toilet drain, etc... We got the shower working and he left the pipe out of the wall too long, so we put the hardware on anyways and will tackle fixing it later and he hooked up the hot water to a cold water pipe so we couldn't use the shower anyways. We had him come back again to fix that and now the pipe is leaking!!! Yesterday my BF cut tile all day long, and I did yard work all day long. At 730pm I went to lay the tile while he finished cutting, we mixed up the adhesive and I went to town getting the tile down. 8:02 I ran out of adhesive and was 3/4 done the floor. Everywhere closed at 8pm so we had to stop for the night with only like 11 tiles left to lay. Earlier saturday we went to get unsanded grout for the wall tiles and it's special order.... ggrrrr so a week more stall on getting that shower up and running.

A tile came loose in the main bath and now we need to buy a dremmel tool and get the new grout out and get more tiles and replace that one and regrout (buy more grout). Not to mention, the plumber on friday when he came to the house no one was home but the dogs. He did not shut the bathroom door and the dogs peed in the bathroom 3 times. We had not sealed the floor because we haven't been able to clean it good enough to seal it, so now the new grout is stained, so we can't seal it until we get new grout over the stained grout so it does not look stained. The dogs peed probably because it all is new and smells weird to them and because they were nervous to be there at BFs house alone but then for a stranger to show up too...

Ever wish you never tackled something??? We are at our wits ends. So much has gone wrong, so much has been delayed. Not to mention for 4 weeks now the house is a mess!! Ive given up cleaning at this point. I can't keep it clean, actually finding foot traffic does a better job of clearing out sheetrock dust than any mop can!!

BFs ride on lawn mower broke the other day.... and the push one broke last year. The grass is a foot tall with nothing to cut it now. He is soooooo mad .... Ive never seen him look so helpless.

This morning I woke up to only 1 cup of coffee bc there was only enough milk for 1 cup, we forgot to get milk yesterday.... and I woke up with my 'friend' ... I woke up hurting from all the yard work and then for some crazy unbeknown reason, I left the keys in the car in the on position all night last night. I had a dead battery. Had to call AAA who came pretty quick but then informed me that I won't make it through winter with my battery so I'll need a new one in the fall for sure. OH and during an oil change on friday evening, I was told I needed new back brakes now!!! Caught a break on that one though, my BFs brother did it and it cost $52 instead of $300 the dealership quoted. So thats done. But aaaahhhhhhhh

Anyways... rant done I guess.....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!