View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisFamily View Post
Hi,

I'm going to start this by saying that my baby is at the vet staying overnight right now.

I've got a two year old yorkie that had been acting a little funny every now and then for the last few days, but then he would be normal so I wasn't really worried about him. He would kind of arch his back a little bit and walk funny, and then he'd be fine, so I really didn't think much about it.

Today I left the house at 3 and he was fine, came back at 6 and he was under my bed and couldn't walk or even stand up. He wagged his tail and would move his legs a little, but couldn't do anything else. I gave him nutridrops just in case it was blood sugar and we rushed off to the vet. He ran blood tests and nothing came back off, blood sugar was fine, kidneys were fine, and he tested for other things but I don't know what. He said everything seemed normal physically, his heart rate was a little slow, but not too far from normal, and he wasn't surprised since the dog wasn't doing anything, just laying there. Pupils were a little dialated. He asked about if he could have gotten into anything, tranquilizers or drugs like marijiuna, which isn't possible, he thought he acted like he was intoxicated. He did an xray and everything was fine. They are keeping him overnight and going to run more tests and give him some medicine and fluids.

The vet is kind of stumped, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? He's leaning toward maybe a stroke or Aneurysm if they can't find anything else. He was thinking that because if you picked him up he would lean toward the left and kind of fight to get over on that side. The only other thing was that it seemed like his stomach was tender when the vet palpated, but nothing showed up on the xrays.

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

Whitney
First I hope that things can be resolved with ur little one. Unfortunatley I don't have any ideas, or experiences in this. I hope that your vet will do BATS and thyroid panel.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!