View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
martym112
Yorkie Yakker

Default Help, my cats hate my Yorkie

Am new to YorkieTalk and this is my first time posting. I just love this forum & all the great info everyone shares. Am hoping I can get some help with a problem.

I have two, 16 year old cats that are very gentle & loving and never bit or scratched, ever. Have never had a dog but after researching them for 1 1/2 years, decided on a Yorkie as the best one for me. I got my little Saffron last fall (she's now 7 months old) & from day one, my old cats were terrified of her. They moved upstairs & won't come down. I had to move their food & litter box upstairs too as they refused to come down & one of the cats started losing weight. I've tried having Saffie "visit" the cats: they stay on the bed with me feeding them treats & she walks around the bedroom. They just eat treats, glare at her & hiss if she gets too close. Someone suggested rubbing catnip on Saffie (ok I was desperate) but that didn't work either...they just hissed & backed away. I love my cats & I love my Yorkie...anyone have any suggestions on how to have all get along? Thank you.
martym112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!