Thread: Potty Question
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #11
manolos mom
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess J View Post
I brought my puppy home this past winter and I knew I would not be training her to go outside. I thought about pads but when I saw how pricey they were I decided to hunt for a potty patch, porch potty etc. Well, I couldn't find one! I didn't have time to order one online so after some researching and visit to Petco, I bought her a litter box with compressed newspaper pellets. Would you believe she has NEVER had an accident! I was so darn impressed with her and the ease in which she learned to use her potty. I think the fact that the breeder had all the puppies using cardboard boxes help, but I like to think she was just eager to please mommy. Now some people warned me about her eating the pellets, but to be honest she does chew on them from time to time, but this is only when she is left alone for long periods of time. She has never choked and I've never seen them in her stool. I pick up her poop right away and flush it, but not the pellets. They are NOT toilet friendly! Trust me we learned this the really really really hard way. Like had to take the toilet off the floor and unclog it, hard way. I find that petco has the best price on litter, its their name brand stuff. Purina makes litter but it is way overpriced. Good luck with your babies!
Cool!
manolos mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!