View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #12
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess J View Post
I know I have not posted in a while, life has been hectic! I have missed you all though and hope you and your furbabies are well. So my Leilah is growing into a beautiful girl. She graduates her puppy classes this Sunday. Oh how I was worried. At home she is the most obedient thing, sit, stay, down, shake, roll over, crawl, drop it, leave it, come...i am sure you get the point, Lol. But at the classes she is so excited for everyone’s attention she can barely focus, but she passed her test and we were so very proud of her.

I know this point has been addressed before but last weekend was the first time I had to deal with it myself. WHY DO PEOPLE THINK ITS OKAY TO PICK UP YOUR DOG! If she were a Great Dane would they pick her up? Before her classes I spend A LOT of time playing and socializing with her to get her calm and ready for class, especially last week which was test day. As soon as we walk into the store this crazy lady starts screaming and carrying on about Leilah and of course my baby goes crazy for the attention. Then she did it! She picked up her and didn’t even ask. She just picks her up and starts bouncing her around. I was stunned at first and looked to the store manager who looked just as stunned as me. I mean we go there all the time and even little children ask before they pet her. I grabbed my dog out the crazy ladies arms and let her know I didn’t appreciate her picking her up. My husband thought I was pretty rude, but my point is that we work so hard to train them to behave appropriately when we take them out and all it takes is one crazy to put them in an overly excited state of mind. And besides that, so they ever think what will happen if an excited 3 pound pup jumps out their arms?! I don’t think I over-reacted, but maybe I just need a different perspective. Have at it guys and gals!

Well, you won't get a different perspective from me, I agree with you totally, and don't like it when people grab for Joey, and it scares him. Sometimes we have to be "rude" to protect these little ones, I hope the lady learned something from this, it's not ok to touch unless you ask first. I agree with you, they wouldn't do those things with a big dog, and Yorkies think they are big!

Join today and remove this ad!