View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #54
ARCHIE
No Longer A Member

Animal Smiley 049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekgarrett View Post
Getting back to the spaying/neutering issue. I've always had all my furbabies "fixed". The only thing I have been wary about is the fact that my vet always wanted to put a breathing tube down her throat. I was warned by the breeder that this could do some damage to the airway. My little man, Secret, was neutered by the time he was 6 months. He died of a collapsed trachea 4 years later. I'm not sure if they put a tube down for neutering, and I won't blame the vet for his problem later in life, but I begged my current vet to please not put the tube into her and he said he had to do it. He promised a ferret tube would go down her throat. Well, she was recently diagnosed with a collapsed trachea disease with the collapse up much higher. I wonder about the times she also had her teeth cleaned now. I wonder about a lot of things now that my baby is sick with the same thing that Secret had. She is only going to be 8 years old and also has congestive heart failure. I feel like a terrible mommy now who had the stupid tube put down her throat.

It seems your damned if you do and damned if you don't at times. Trying to do the
right thing and then something goes wrong must be difficult to deal with.
You did nothing wrong. Your a wonderful mommy, doing your best to protect
the pups you love. Please don't feel so bad. Sending you a big hug and
prayer's for your baby girl.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!