View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
Sterlingsmom
Yorkie Yakker

Cry Kia's UltraSound...OMG!!!

OK, This is the first chance I've had since getting the results from Kia's UltaSound to write and let you guys know what happened! OMG, The did indeed find a mass in Kia's gut! It's a toy!! Really, it's a block of some kind, we are thinking maybe a dice from a game? Something along those lines. Sad but true it's been there a while and my vet has no clue how that could have gone down her throat without her owner noticing it, it's quite large for such a small dog. She surely had to have been chocking like crazy to get it down. OK, so there it sits doing nothing but causing problems for her. She also has an ulcer in her intestine, that probably from the lack of care on the Cushings. We have found out that Kia was on quite a bit of pred before I got her. (Notice NO Mitodane, but lots of pred) (whatever). We had a couple of choices as to what to do today. We surely need your prayers. Kia will go into surgery on Monday. She will have the toy removed from her gut and a full mouth extraction on her teeth. Right now she is back home with me on full rest and lots of meds. I have reset her bedroom as a hospital intensive care unit and will keep her hydrated and her meds round the clock until Monday Morning. I also got sent home with this great liquid meal replacement! Yippiee! It's so easy to give it to her, I just syringe it in her and she actually lets me! So much easier! She's on a pain reliever, she's on an antibiotic for the ulcer in her intestines, we got the mitotane down her today, and two other meds to ramp her up for the surgery. I'm praying she makes it through this, but this one thing I do know, if she doesn't make it we sure did try to make a difference in the life of one small little girl. And she made a huge difference in the lives of us...I'll keep you all posted as we walk down this road with Kia, thank you all so very much, we haven't given up, not one bit, Kia can do this, I know she can make it through just a few more days. I'm sure that once the surgery is over she can finally heal normally and have the kind of life she deserves. She knows I am dedicated to waiting on her hand and paw.....We are sad tonight knowing that this small little girl has suffered so very much, yet never complaining, always trying to fit in..... I love her so very much....
Sterlingsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!