View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
GAOMariposa
YT 500 Club Member

Rose Important for people traveling to Mexico

Hello everyone. I thought this would be important to pass on to people, especially after the drama I went through today. Apparently, as of 2-3 months ago, it became a requirement for dogs coming into Mexico to be dewormed, within 6 months of entering the country. The issue is that the vet has to write out on the certificate the type of medication that was used to deworm the doggie and has to state that the doggie is free from internal and external parasites. So the vet also has to write down that the dog is using something like Frontline, or another similar type of product.

I didn't know this. The airline didn't have it on their website and the last time I flew out of Mexico, this wasn't an issue. So when I tried to get through customs, they said I couldn't go through because my baby's vaccination/ deworming schedule didn't list the type of medication and my certificate of travel didn't state that my baby was free from internal and external parasites. So I had to call a vet to go to the airport to give my baby a deworming med and spray her with an anti-flea product. And it also cost a lot more than if that had been done with my baby's regular vet and it took 4 hours to wait for a vet.

So for anyone going into Mexico, please double check everything and make sure the certificate of travel also states that the dog is free from external and internal parasites. Also, the last deworming has to have been done within 6 months of traveling and the vet has to list the medication that was used.

I hope this helps people avoid drama at the airport in Mexico.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!