View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
Robin Lodal
♥ Love My Furbabies ♥
Donating Member

Hmm let me see if I can remember what I took, a small crate for her to nap in, some blankets, some rice wraps (I made them myself - you can heat them in a microwave) to help keep her warm and cozy, her favorite toy, her collar from Bo (MomtoHotRod), a copy of her records.

I was told that they canNOT have nutrical. So I would stay away from that. If you are afraid of a hypoglycemic episode, see if you can get some dextrose to give her. Also, when I went I had planned on her taking back a bag with her, her favorite toys, blankies, etc but honestly they will have all the food and everything she will need. The less you send back with her, the better (I had even packed her a little bag lol).

What to expect: The first day you will admit her and you will have a consult. You will go over previous records and they will discuss costs (you will be required to put a deposit of 1/2 the estimated amount the 1st day and the rest when you pick her up). They will run any tests (scintigraphy, ultrasound, etc) if needed. The next morning will be surgery. You will have a student call you every morning that she is there and in the afternoons you will have the Dr call you. They are pretty thorough and she will pretty much have someone keeping an eye on her at all times. I suggest that the day of her surgery, make some plans to keep you preoccupied b/c you will worry yourself sick. My in laws live not too far from UT so I stayed with them and I volunteered at the food bank at their church during her surgery and it made the time pass so fast and I didn't even have time to think about my baby b/c I was using that energy to help others (I HIGHLY recommend keeping yourself busy). I am pretty sure that I got to bring Ginger home the day after surgery.

I know you are nervous but seriously, UT is the BEST place for this condition. I recommend them hands down to anyone. I had such a wonderful and positive experience there.

~ Robin ,Max,
Molly, Dozer& kitties, Toby & Lucy
RIP - Ginger, Abby, Conway, &Simon
Robin Lodal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!