Thread: I'm so proud!
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
jenn1381
YT Addict

Default I'm so proud!

Since getting Mya, Oliver is making HUGE improvements... he's a puppy mill rescue showing signs of abuse... so far I've really been the only one he's bonded to whatsoever (I live with my parents at the moment). Since getting Mya, I keep whatever level we are not on blocked off. So, during the day when I am at work and the dogs are home with my parents, the basement is blocked off (which has been Oliver's hideaway).

Yesterday, they told me that he was actually sitting on the couch between the 2 of them.. I didn't believe them... no way, no how, did my Oliver do that... he's too scared. So, they sat down and called him to them - and he JUMPED up all on his own!!! He still keeps his distance from dad, but this is huge! You can see his little wheels are turning when Mya is with my dad, she adores him and Oliver knows it. Slowly, but surely, he's coming around. I'm so proud!! I knew getting another dog would help, and it seems I was right. There are no quick fixes, but he is seeing that no one is hurting Mya and is starting to think they might not hurt him either... yay!

Go Oliver!!
Attached Thumbnails
I'm so proud!-mya.jpg   I'm so proud!-myanollie.jpg   I'm so proud!-toy.jpg   I'm so proud!-omfight.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!