View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatitas View Post
Hi all: I have a 4-year old Yorkie named Kyrah. She is a bundle of joy but unfortunately vet has told us that she has Grade I patella luxation condition. Can any one give me information on that (if anyone has or have a dog with that condition) Also, I am looking for a good groomer.. I live in the Santa Clarita Valley in California. And last but not least, she is a bit overweight and I have tried different food, presently she is on raw food which she loves. What do you friends think of this?

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation and attention to my problems!

Elizabeth
"KYRAH'S MOM"
My Apple has grade 1 LP, and has only exhibited two instances, where she seemed to have had a "pop out" and limped for a few minutes...The first time, when it happened, I was devastated, took her to the vet, and did tons of research...I found it's not as serious as I had made it out to be in my mind, and just had to get a different mindset about it all...I also found out, that doing surgery on anything less than grade 3 is totally not necessary, and to consider supplements, and be sure the pup gets a fair amount of walking to strengthen muscles around the knees, and not let her get overweight...If you're feeding raw, as I am, I'd suggest cutting her back, and allow her to lose a little weight, or take her for a 15-30 minute walk, as this is the best thing for her...I didn't start supplements, because I think the raw is sufficient, but would of course consider them, in the future...Hope this info helps...
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!