View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 05:39 AM   #14
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
This is a personal choice, but I'm very weary of meds that are suppose to be for everything. I fear I could be over medicating Kaji, and while I'm using Heartguard now, I was hoping that would be the only drugs I'd be using. I'm looking for a more natural way of preventing fleas and ticks. I still haven't found it. So, I'm thinking that I'll go back to using Advantix (on vet recommendation) and only using half doses, and maybe continue on the heartguard. At least this way I can stager when I give him what. I hate the whole heartworm, flea, tick meds. It's like your damned if you don't, but if you don't do your hw, your damned if you do.

Sorry Ladymom for getting a bit off topic.
yep me too have not used heartworm or flea protection for 5 years so not real excited about this

My friend lives in new jersey and she has 6 dogs and does not use heartworm - is that state a bad area for hw?

have you tried Touch of Mink - The Most Incredible Skin Care Products Available at any Price minksheen as out here we do not have as big a problem with fleas so that might help as it is natural and some swear by it. If you were in a more infested area then it might be different but here in cali not too bad unless you live by the beach then that might be different
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!