Thread: Kia
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingsmom View Post
Kia is still not eating...and she just walked out of her bedroom and came over and promptly vomited bile by my leg. Poor Baby. I put a call in to the vet. No clue what is wrong with her other than she has not eaten and won't eat. This poor little girl, I think I am just going to wrap her in a blankie and hold her forever. What do you think this is? dang.....you know, what in the world is wrong with people, why in the world would you ever give up such a beautiful little girl to begin with and it's soooo hard for me to second guess what is wrong when I have no real background on her. I'm frustrated to the max.
Oh poor Kia . My guess would be either nausea from the Mitotane -or- her cortisol is dipping low. What was her post-stim cortisol - was it almost bordering on too low? If yes, maybe it dipped and she needs a little pred?

But, if you suspect the Mito is causing tummy issues, then the vet could give you some prescription anti-nausea medicine and I bet that'd help a lot. Sucralfate perhaps or similar? Sometimes carbs will settle the tummy and stimulate the appetite too, so I'll give some pieces of bread or salty cracker and that can help. I hope she feels better soon!

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!