View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
e_gar
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby yorkie View Post
I just joined this website because I found it searching for answers. I unknowingly purchased a puppy that had giardia, coccidia, and ringworm. She infected my other two dogs also. The giardia made them throw up and have diarrhea. Pepto helped. By the time I got to the vet, my oldest yorkie, 3lb-not quite 1.5 years) was a little better. Pepto helped, but she still had some very soft poops. The vet said she didn't have giardia. Well my other dog did the same thing about a week and a half later (she doesn't have much contact with the other two). I told the vet that she does have it and when she goes in Monday, I will have the vet check it more than just the float test. Giardia does not show up in every stool, unless, like my puppy, she has a high count. Good luck. I hope he feels better. Follow your heart though, the vet is not always correct. They told me that my oldest yorkie just had an upset tummy!! ha ha
Oh my, are your babies okay?!?! That's sad to hear, I hope all is well. I totally understand, Miloh wasn't able to make it to his current vet so I had to take him to the vet I'm thinking on switching him too. Miloh is a strong little guy, I know he wishes he could just shake it off. I'm really worried about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
Poor Miloh!! I hope he feels better soon.
Thank you!
e_gar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!