Thread: Seizures
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
Susan78
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethFRG View Post
My 17 year old Yorkie had a few seizures about 6 months ago. We started medication and she never had another one. We quit the medication about 2 months ago and last night she had a seizure, barely got out of that and had another one. She paced around for awhile, settled down for about 5-10 min., got up and started circling, jerking her head to the side a couple of times like something was behind her, then went into another seizure. I thought this was going to be it. She finally came out of it & settled down. My husband & I don't know what todo or expect. She doesn't seem to be in any pain. At her age do we keep wasting $$$ & time going to the vet? It's a difficult decision. Any suggestions?
You are so... fortunate to have your yorkie for 17 years. Just think of all those years she gave you so much unconditional love. I don't know if your vet told you to stop the seizure medication but how awful this poor baby goes back into seizures. I can not believe you are asking YT members if you should keep wasting your time and money on her. Maybe you should bring her in and let her die in dignity.
Susan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!