View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #24
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirlonde View Post
I didn't respond on the poll because I don't really have an answer...Chloe's due for her first year booster in August, so I haven't had to think about what we'll do in the future yet. We've moved, so I'll be taking her to a new vet so I know I won't be as comfortable as I was with our previous vet. Most of the vaccinations I'm fine with not doing and I feel like it's a valid argument. But we've already found two deer ticks on Chloe this summer so I definitely want to make sure the Lyme's vaccination stays up to date. I had Lyme's disease as a child so I have a healthy respect for it and don't ever want to have to deal with it again!!

As for Ellie Mae's original question, I'm hesitant to approach any vet about not doing annual vaccinations because I don't handle controversial situations very well. My blood pressure sky rockets and I get all flushed and nervous. I worry that I'll offend the vet if he thinks I'm questioning his knowledge. Also, I am young (25) and look younger so I tend to be easily intimidated by people older than me. I can't stand to be made to feel ignorant so I just avoid issues like this; in this case, probably by just not going to the vet as often which isn't a good solution either. Guess I'll just go in armed with documentation and a prepared speech and hope for an understanding vet!
-C
I agree I am a lot like you though others may think differently lollll as i was pressured into giving my dog with issues a drug as well even though i knew better it happens to even those of us that have learned alot through our unfortunate experiences.

You are wise to do the lyme if this is the case or at least learn more about it for sure as i have no clue on that either as we do not have deer ticks but dh wants to move to ohio and so i know that is an issue there as his bro has deers on his property so if we move i will do a ton of homework prior. Knowing your area is very key.

here is Jeans correct protocol as her protocol was going around the internet wrong so i emailed her to find the right site she recommends personally and here it is below

Dr-Dodds-ChangingVaccProtocol

also here is jean's resume

http://www.itsfortheanimals.com/DODDS-RESUME.HTM

Last edited by dwerten; 05-11-2010 at 09:13 AM.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!