View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
LGrace
Yorkie Talker

Default Help estimating how far along she is

Hi,
I have a pregnant yorkie and I'm not exactly sure of how far along she is. I have absolutely no breeding experience, nor did I want any. I planned to get my yorkie spayed a few months ago but my husband unexpectedly lost his job. I am not working because I'm in nursing school full-time and we couldn't afford it. So, we tried to keep my yorkie separated from the our male toy poodle (an adorable stray we adopted a few years ago).
Unfortunately, they "tied" together at least once on the 18th of March. I am worried that they may have mated earlier than that, before we knew she was in heat.
From reading online, I see that I could get an x-ray from the vet that could help us estimate how far along she is somewhat. However, given our pathetic monetary situation right now, I was thinking it might be better to save money in case of complications.
We love our little girl so much and are complete nervous wrecks. Maybe if I could figure out when she might be due, we would feel slightly more in control.
She has been pretty sleepy lately. We can see the babies moving inside of her and she hasn't had any milk come out yet. Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link to a picture of her belly:
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...y82/dmpreg.jpg
LGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!