View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 07:12 AM   #18
LisasPlace2
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Yelping during day with me home

This is my first posting. Hi everyone!

Lil Bear is a 10 wk YT. I have owned him now for 8 days. He is great for the most part. I have read books, magazines and articles on the net. I can't seem to find anything on a yelping YT when he yelps when placed in his pen and crate. He's had too many accidents in the house. I learned to place him in his pen when I am doing something for a short time. He yelps as if he is being abused. It sounds comical, but its annoying. I ignore him. I don't want a negative behavior to develope. I worry a little about hyperglycemia. YT are prone until about 4 mos. Is there a way to stop this. He does the same in his kennel/crate. He is only in there a few minutes. Its funny, he can inside his crate chewing his toys and be fine for a long period of time..lock that door and an alarm goes off. I will also place him in his pen if he has an accident on the floor or carpet. (I do clean up ASAP and use a enzyme oder eliminator). This is my dilemna. I am there and he sees me and behaves like this. I need advice.

I have no problems at night. I learned after nite 2, place him in the crate and put him with my 13 yr. old daughter. LOL Her idea and he loves it. He does sleep through the night.
LisasPlace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!