View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 09:08 PM   #18
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnlora View Post
I was the poster on peppermint oil. You can purchase it at most homeopathic herbalist stores. I was told by herbalist and my accupressurist both to use on pets as calming agent to use 1 -2 dilution with mineral oil. (like 1/2 oz. oil to 1 oz. mineral oil.) To use you put on pads of the feet. You can also for human migraines by putting on temples. Lavender oil also works same way on pads of feet as well as put it on their chin. I also have used accupresurist for Samantha problems in conjuction with these.

My vets' ideas were meds amitriptiline and clomicalm. Dummy me actually tried both at vets suggestion. Result? Calmed her to zombie like.... Also tried Rescue Remedy- At his suggestion- Only to end up with a very bad sick girl both throwing up and the runs. Alot of Samanthas problems started when I spayed her vet said alot of her problems were caused by extreme hormone fluctuations...Nervousness to aggression issues. Also have learned alot from Leslie K9 trainer on this forum she has helped me learn alot about behavior modification.... We have alot of wonderful ppl on here who I have learned oodles from. Sorry so lengthy -I get windy sometimes all about the love for our fur babies! I have also heard about the peppermint for mice thing... It does work, however you use lots of oil not diluted, on lots of cotton balls. Peppermint not only calms it also can be utilized as appetite deterrent if you smell it. If diluted properly can be used for congestion too!! Hugs to all!!!!
I have definitely heard this for migraines in humans and when i feel a headache coming on i pop an altoid and it works it stops the headaches as someone told me this. Also told me to use peppermint oil on temples so i will be curious to see how it works for anxiety as well as dexter get's car sick so want to see if this works
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!