View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Cool Rescue Remedy....let's try this again

I am very interested in other members experiences with Rescue Remedy and Calm Down. Since Part 1 of Rescue Remedy started out great and then took a turn to I would like to try this again~staying on the subject.

So here is my original question:

Bogey is horrible on car ride, thunderstorm, construction noise and I have been debating about Rescue Remedy. I finally bought some the other day and now I am wondering about dosage. He's a big boy close to 13 lbs of yorkie lovin' He loves to go in the car and on walks but is a total freak when I take him.

What dose should be given?

Can I overdose him?

What experience has everyone else had with Rescue Remedy?

How much time should I allow from the dose to the time we go in the car?

Has anyone seen an adverse reaction to using this?

Here are the links and information that I found regarding both Rescue Remedy and Calm Down (that Mardelin suggested)

Calm Down! (love the ! in the name )
lIex Aqui
Impatiens Glan
Helian. Num.
Ornith Umb. all
3C in 13% alcohol.

Directions:
• For immediate results administer 1 tsp. twice daily orally OR in dog's drinking water.
• Amount applies regardless of size or weight of dog.
• For puppies use 1/4 tsp.
• For Cats, use CALM DOWN! - FOR CATS
• CAUTION: Keep out of reach of children.
• Store in a cool dry place.

CALM DOWN! For Dogs & Cats by NaturVet - A Veterinarian Approved Aid to Help Your Dog or Cat Through Stressful Times
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Looks like there are 2 different formulas one for pets and the other for people--

Rescue Remedy for Pets
Helianthemum nummularium 5x HPUS
Clematis vitalba 5x HPUS
Impatiens glandulifera 5x HPUS
Prunus cerasifera 5x HPUS
Ornithogalum umbellatum 5x HPUS
80% glycerin and 20% water

Rescue Remedy (People)
Helianthemum nummularium 5x HPUS
Clematis vitalba 5x HPUS
Impatiens glandulifera 5x HPUS
Prunus cerasifera 5x HPUS
Ornithogalum umbellatum 5x HPUS

Inactive Ingredients:
27% Alcohol

They both are the same dose of 4 drops on a treat or tongue but one has alcohol and the other glycerin and water base.

What I did find and this might go along with Mardelin having read that a pet died from using RR is that they also sell a candy/pill this is made with Xylitol which can cause liver damage to pets and even death.

Here is what I found relating to the Pastilles on the Rescue Remedy website:

http://www.rescueremedy.com/pdf/Resc...-Pastilles.pdf

This is the product that contains Xylitol"

Organic Pharmacy >> PRODUCTS

Boy am I glad that I asked this question otherwise I would have never started digging around.

Seems that both Calm Down and RR have about the same type of ingredients both being homeopathic flower essences. I'm questioning the alcohol but I did read in all that I looked into the the alcohol will NOT hurt our pets because of the way it is processed and if you add it to boiling water the alcohol evaporates (like adding wine to food )

I also would LOVE to have more information on the Peppermint Oil too. I'm now going to PM several of the members that contributed to the original thread and see if they would please come back and finish the discussion that was originally started regarding Anxiety and Stress caused my noise, cars rides, etc.

Hoping that this will now stay on track
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!