View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 06:47 AM   #6
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Morkies View Post
I give mine Wellness and I worry about mine gaining weight too. I don't want their knees to be bad because of excess weight. They are Morkies and they weren't suppose to get over 4lbs and 6lbs. Now they are nearly 6 lbs and 8lbs. (I know that being a mixed you can never know) Is there a way to tell how much they should weigh according to their height?
My two biewers are the same height/length but one weighs about 6 pounds more than the other. They are both at healthy weights, one just has a much larger frame and bone structure - even his feet are about 3 times the size of the other's. The best way I've heard to determine if they're at a healthy weight is by feeling their ribs. If you can feel them easily, without having to push into the flesh to find them, then they are at a good weight. At least, that's the way my vet has taught me to keep check of their weight levels.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown

Last edited by BonBon; 05-08-2010 at 06:48 AM.
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!