View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

i saw that episode of cesar millan too. i believe they used a scat mat by the front door to keep her away from it so she wouldn't hurt herself anymore. she ripped the wood frame right off the door and all the nails were exposed. she was crazy. He worked with her in the crate so she would stay in there and not freak out. i can't describe what he did, its better to watch it. hopefully we can find the episode online.

Victoria has worked with dogs like this too. she says to make sure the dog has something to do while your gone like kongs with PB or interactive toys.

I know you said your friend tried a behaviorist but was this behaviorist a vet or just a trainer? a vet behaviorist would be best in this situation.

Has your friend tried giving benedryl to make her sleepy? Or acepromazine to sedate her when they know they are going out? if given 1/2 hour before they know they are leaving and before the dog suspects something is up they should be able to calm her down enough before hand so she won't get all worked up. sedating while no one is home though can be worrisome so i don't know if i would do that, but the benedryl is safe enough.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!