View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
XcessiveAngel
Yorkie Yakker

My princess used to be like that! She was not as bad but I had issues crating her too. Honestly she should ask her vet if she can sedate her! A mild sedative wont hurt her but this is a temp fix as well! they sell calming pills at petedge.com they worked great for princess! Some times dogs do things out of anger she needs to be reasured that shes not being abandond. I would pretend to leave the house and then when she started tearing apart stuff we would come in and yell NO and bang on the wall! It got her attention and she'd stop then I would do it again and again! We would do it all different times so she wouldnt expect us. I put a nanny cam in the room with her we limited her to one room of the house and we would praise her if after 20 mins she didnt distroy something. It worked for us! Princess is now able to be left alone my full 8 hour shift maybe 9 or 10 if i go to the store after work and she just sleeps on our bed! But all in all she has to gain the respect for her home and the humans living there. If all else fails I think she should call the dog whisper! It sounds skeptical but he helped a friend of my moms. she had to aggressive pitbulls that would bit her and tear her home apart for no reason and now she lives perfectly with them. Also give her ALOT of exercise Long walks be fore leaving her alone! get her a busy toy like the kong and leave some music on while not there! These things work on most dogs if any questions further let me know im here to help!

Last edited by XcessiveAngel; 05-07-2010 at 10:49 AM.
XcessiveAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!