View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
TeresaM
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Star Himalayan Chews are da bomb, Momma!!

A little history. Boo is a rescue, we suspect he was either abused or severly neglected. He doesn't like toys at all, and although food/treats are very important to him he has never displayed any aggression or possessiveness of food/treats.

Yogi got a box from Dexter (dwerten) and in it was a package of Himalayan Chews. Since I'm home all day today and can keep an eye on them, I thought I'd give each of the kids one and make sure that Yogi, Mr I've-got-to-have-every-toy-in-the-house, didn't try to steal Gracies.

I expected Yogi & G to totally love theirs, and they do! But I wasn't sure what Boo would think. He took a lick or two, tried to take a bite, then just sat and looked at it, looked at me, looked at it. Which is pretty much what I thought he'd do. So I just layed it down by him and went back to work. Then out of the corner of my eye I see him looking closely at Yogi & G, who were going to town chewing on theirs. He saw how they were holding it between their front paws so that they could chew on one end. Well Boo picked his up and did the exact same thing!! I was stunned, because he just doesn't chew on things. But there he was holding it with his paws and chewing on it.
GEDC0037-reszd.JPG GEDC0034-reszd.JPG

He didn't chew too long, but he did chew on it. When he was done he just placed it next to him and layed down for a nap. He got worried every time one of the kids would get too close. So we had to have a little 'talk' about that. He's much better about that now. I am just soooo thrilled that he has found something he likes to chew on. Another step towards being a 'normal' dog.

Yogi can't even be bothered to look up for a picture.
GEDC0039-reszd.JPG

Gracie Ruth chewed on hers for quiet awhile and then carried it all around the room crying because she couldn't find a safe place to bury it. She finally wore herself out and crawled into the pink flower bed and fell asleep with it still in her mouth. GEDC0040-reszd.JPG She slept like that for at least 30 minutes. She's had too many things 'stolen' by Yogi when she taken naps before and I don't think she was going to risk it with this toy.

Thanks Dex & Debbie, you not only sent something Yogi, loves. You sent something that's helped Boo along the road to being a regular dog with no worries.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!