View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlui91 View Post
So yesterday we were sleeping and all of a sudden a growl and a loud bark woke me up. - guess Charlie heard someone in the kitchen and he couldn't see who it was since I put up a little baby gate in the door at night. It turned out to be my mom in the kitchen. I thought it was just a one time thing. Then today he was sleeping and he heard someone at the door about to open it and he woke up really fast and started growling and barking from the bed again. He didn't get off the bed to check this time though. Then earlier we were in the car and a lady pulled up next to me at the stoplight and he started growling and barking again. Can someone tell me what's going on with Charlie? Is it agression? For a little extra info, he's already been neuteured and he just turned 6 months. I've also had him plenty socialized with people as well as other dogs. He use to LOVE random people, or maybe he still does, but since yesterday I'm not so sure! Also how do I correct this behavior because when he does this it makes me jump out of my skin almost. Pretty scary!
He's protecting his mommy. It's pretty normal. Kaji is the quietest boy I've ever met, but when he's sleeping and someone approaches mommy in the dark, he doesn't go sniff to see who it is, he sounds the alarm first with his "german shephard" growl. He's just startled and he's letting his pack know there's potential danger.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!