View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #12
Mama_to_Rex
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil fu fu girl View Post
Honestly, I do not feel that the food is the issue.
Wellness has meat protein in its top 5 so it is going to take a little longer to digest; remaining in the intestinal tract for up to two days so that the body can absorb all the vitamins and minerals it can from the nutrient dense mash. However, simple products like corn, may pass through in just hours.

When you say you "take them out" is that for a walk or just in your backyard. The reason for my query, is that walking stimulates the digestive tract in many animals. If you have not been walking her before bed, I would truly suggest it as a first course of action, before changing her food; as the change will not help with her behavior of defecating in the crate, no matter how small a space you make.

Maybe if you feed at 6pm and then walk within a half hour to get the GI tract moving. I feel that changing her food would only illicit more issues than you already have.
Good luck, hope this helps.
Thank you. Yes, when I say I take them out, that is only to the back yard. When we go on our walk, which is later at night (when we go), it's around 9pm. She won't potty on the walk, will normally potty again when I take them to the backyard, and will still go in her crate during the night. :-/

I'll try to be sure to walk her nightly to see if that improves our situation.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!